Conference: 9–10 September 2022 • Deadline for submission: 30 May 2022.
Parvathi Rangasamy is Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics of Vellalar College for Women in Erode, Tamilnadu, India. She is researcher in fuzzy sets, intuitionistic fuzzy sets and pattern recognition.
She graduated bachelor and master degree in Mathematics in 1987 and 1989 from Gobi Arts College. In 1990 she obtained the M.Phil. degree from Alagappa University with a thesis on Operations Research and she graduated with Gold Medal. In 2006 she successfully completed there her Ph.D. dissertation with a thesis on Theory of Operators over Intuitionistic Fuzzy sets of Second type and their Applications to Image Processing. Her Ph.D. research supervisor is Dr. N. Palaniappan.
- Awards and Fellowships
Dr. Parvathi Rangasamy was awarded various awards and fellowships:
- First Rank with Gold Medal in M.Phil degree in Alagappa University
- Second Rank Holder in M.Sc., at Gobi Arts College
- Awarded Summer Research Fellowship - 2007 by Indian Academy of Sciences (IAS) Bangalore, National Academy of Sciences India (NASI) Allahabad, Indian National Science Academy (INSA) New Delhi from 18.04.2007 to 12.06.2007 under the guidance of Dr.T.Thrivikraman, Director, Research Centre for Mathematical Sciences, St.Joseph’s College, Irinjalaguda, Thrissur, Kerala. (Formerly Head of the Department. of Mathematics, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin)
- Attended “Lecture Series on Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets” during 19-27 May 2008 and “Lecture Series on Generalized Nets” during 28 May - 05 June 2008 for Ph.D and Post - Ph.D candidates at Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria.
- UGC Research Awardee for 2 years (Aug 2009 – July 2011) – 3 lakhs + 2 years salary. Title of the Project : “Developing Statistical and Probabilistical Tools for Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets”
- Post Doctoral Fellow of Centre of Biomedical Engineering, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria – 2010-2012. Supervisor: Prof. Krassimir Atanassov.
- Lecturer and Head of Department of Mathematics in Maharaja College for Women, Perundurai, Erode from 07.06.1992 to 30.06.1999
- Lecturer in Vellalar College for Women from 01.07.1999 to 30.06.2004
- Senior Lecturer in Vellalar College for Women from 01.07.2004 to 30.06.2009
- Associate Professor in Vellalar College for Women since 01.07.2009
Dr. Parvathi Rangasamy is a member of the following associations:
- Tamilnadu Mathematical Society, India
- Kerala Mathematics Association, India
- Hispanic International Fuzzy System Association.
Dr. Parvathi Rangasamy's research areas of interest are:
- Intuitionistic fuzzy sets (IFSs): Theory and applications
- Generalized nets (GNs): Theory and applications
- Intuitionistic fuzzy graphs and their applications
In her Ph.D. dissertation she has achieved the following research contributions:
- Many new operators over intuitionistic fuzzy sets of second type (IFSsST) are defined.
- Properties of the newly defined operators are derived.
- A digital image is represented in the matrix form. This image is intuitionistically fuzzified; membership and non-membership values are modified and intuitionistically defuzzified. An algorithm is developed using C++ language.
- The algorithm of enhancing an image using MATLAB is developed. This development helps to exhibit the significant role of the contrast intensification operator on fuzzy sets, IFSs and IFSsST in image processing. The algorithm is checked with various input images.
- R.Parvathi, N.Palaniaapan, Some operations on intuitionistic fuzzy sets of second type, NIFS, 10(2), 2004, p1-19.
- R.Parvathi, N.Palaniaapan, Contrast intensification of second type intuitionistic fuzzy sets, NIFS, 11(3), 2005,p115-122.
- R.Parvathi, N.Palaniaapan, Intuitionistic fuzzy image processing, NIFS, 11(5), 2005, p15-23.
- R.Parvathi, S.K.Jayanthi, N.Palaniappan, S.Devi, Intuitionistic Fuzzy Approach to Enhance Text Documents, Proceedings -3rd IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Systems (IEEE IS ’06), 2006, p733-737.
- R.Parvathi, M.G.Karunambigai, Intuitionistic Fuzzy Graphs, Proceedings -9th Fuzzy Days International Conference on Computational Intelligence – 2006, Advances in soft computing: Computational Intelligence, Theory and Applications, Bernd Reusch eds., 2006, p139-150
- R.Parvathi, N.Palaniaapan, Srinivasan, Intuitionistic fuzzy sets of root type, NIFS, 12(3), 2006, p.20-29
- R.Parvathi, M.G.Karunambigai, Krassimir T Atanassov, N.Palaniappan, An Intuitionistic fuzzy graph method for finding the shortest paths in networks, Proceedings of International Fuzzy Systems Association 2007 - World Congress, Advances in soft computing: Theoretical Advances and Applications of Fuzzy logic and soft computing, Janusz Kacprzyk eds., 2007, Vol.42 p.3-20.
- R.Parvathi, Krassimir T Atanassov, Grayscale morphological operators on Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets of Second Type, Advances in Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.3 (1),2008,p87 – 97.
- Peter Vassilev, Parvathi Rangasamy, Krassimir T Atanassov, Note on Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets of p-th type, Issues in Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets and Generalized Nets, Vol.6, 2008, p.43-50.
- Parvathi Rangasamy, Jayanthi Kuppannan, Krassimir T Atanassov, George Gluhchev, Role of fuzzy and intuitionistic fuzzy contrast intensification operators in enhancing images, NIFS, Vol.14(2), 2008, p.59-66.
- S.Thilagavathi,R.Parvathi, M.G.Karunambigai, Operations on Intuitionistic Fuzzy Graphs II, Developments in FSs, IFSs, GNs and related Topics. Foundations, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland, Vol.I, 2008, p.319-336.
- R.Parvathi, Krassimir T Atanassov et al., Generalized net model of face recognition, Proceedings of Ninth Int. Workshop on generalized nets, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia 1113, Bulgaria, 2008, p.102-105.
- Krassimir T Atanassov,R.Parvathi et al., Towards a model of digital university: A GN model of producing course timetables, Proceedings -4th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Systems, (IEEE IS ’08), 2008.
- Krassimir T Atanassov, R.Parvathi, et al., On intuitionistic fuzzy sets and interval valued intuitionistic fuzzy sets, Advanced Studies in Contemporary Mathematics, 18 (1), 2009, 1-8.
- Krassimir T Atanassov, R.Parvathi, et al., New topological operators over intuitionistic fuzzy sets, Advanced Studies in Contemporary Mathematics, 18 (1), 2009.
- R.Parvathi, S.P.Geetha, A note on properties of temporal intuitionistic fuzzy sets, NIFS, 15 (1), 2009, 42-48.
- Krassimir T Atanassov, Eulalia Szmidt, Janusz Kacprzyk, Parvathi Rangasamy, On Intuitionistic Fuzzy Multi-Dimensional sets. Part 2, Proc. of 7th International Workshop On IFS and GN (IWIFSGN-2008), Advances in Fuzzy Sets, Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets, Generalized Nets and Related Topics. Vol. 1, 2008, 43-51.
- R.Parvathi, M.G.Karunambigai, Krassimir T Atanassov, Operations on Intuitionistic Fuzzy Graphs, Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ IEEE ’09), ICC Jeju, Jeju Island, Korea, 2009, p.1396 – 1401.
- R.Parvathi, Krassimir T Atanassov,et al., On intuitionistic fuzzy trees and their index matrix interpretation, NIFS, 15 (4), 2009, 52-56.
- R.Parvathi, S.Thilagavathi, M.G. Karunambigai, Intuitionistic Fuzzy Hypergraphs, Cybernetics and Information Technologies, 9 (2), 2009, 46-53.
- R.Parvathi, Karthikeyini Visalakshi, et al., An Intuitionistic Fuzzy Approach to Distributed Fuzzy Clustering, International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering, 2(2), April 2010.
- Fidanova S., Atanassov K., Marinov P., Parvathi R., Ant Colony Optimization for Multiple Knapsack Problem with Controlled Start, In. Journal on Bioautomation, Vol 13(4), ISSN 1312-451X, 2009, 271-280.
- G. Thamizhendhi, Rangasamy Parvathi. Domination in intuitionistic fuzzy graphs, NIFS, 16 (2), 2010, 39-50.
- M. G. Karunambigai, Parvathi Rangasamy, R. Buvaneswari. Constant intuitionistic fuzzy graphs, NIFS, 17 (1), 2011, 37-47.
- Rangasamy Parvathi, Anthony Shannon, Panagiotis Chountas, Krassimir Atanassov On intuitionistic fuzzy tree-interpretations by index matrices, NIFS, 17 (2), 2011, 17-24.
- N. Karthikeyini Visalakshi, Rangasamy Parvathi, Vassia Atanassova. Parameter tuning in fuzzy clustering of intuitionistic fuzzy data. Part 1, NIFS, 17 (2), 2011, 44-51.