Applications of generalized nets
Practical application of generalized nets constitutes an important direction of research and development in the area of generalized nets, together with the theoretical research and the investigations of the relations between generalized nets and other concepts.
The first compilation of the papers with application results within the field is made in the book "Applications of Generalized Nets", published in 1993. The applications there are divided in the following chapters:
- GNs in science,
- GNs in economics, industry and transport,
- GNs in medicine,
- GNs and computer science.
As of 2007 year the following major areas of applications of generalized nets have been identified:
- Medicine and biotechnology
- Physics and astronomy
- Computer science
- "Applications of Generalized Nets". Edited by Krassimir Atanassov. World Scientific Publishing House, 1993, ISBN 981-02-0667-4
- A Survey of Generalized Nets. Edited by Edward Yee Hung Choy, Maciej Krawczak, Anthony Shannon, Eulalia Szmidt. Chapter 8 "Review and bibliography of generalized nets theory and applications" by Joanna Alexieva, Edward Choy and Evelina Koycheva. Raffles KvB Monograph, No. 10, 2007, ISBN 0-9578457-8-2