Assoc. Prof. Stefka Fidanova is Bulgarian researcher. She works in the Institute of Information and Communication Technologies (former Institute of Parallel Processing) at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
She is member of the Modprofix project.
- 1982-1986 - student in Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of Sofia University, BSc. degree.
- 1988 - Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of Sofia University, Mathematics - M. Sc. in Mathematical Modeling
- 1999 - "St Kliment Ohridski" University of Sofia, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science - PhD in Computer Science and Applied mathematics. - Thesis title:"Synthes of Systolic Array" - Thesis supervisor: "Prof. DR. Raytcho Lazarov, Texas A&M University,USA - Thesis adviser: Prof. Hristo Djidjev, University of Warwick, Coventry, England.
- 1988-1989 - Specialization at the Laboratory of Parallel Processing, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Parallel Algorithms and Applications - adviser prof. Hristo Djidjev
- 1989-1992 - Ph. D. student, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of Sofia University
- 1993-1998 - Researcher,Central Laboratory of Parallel Processing
- 1995 - 6 month specialization, Institute of Applied Mathematics and IMAG - Centre National de Recherche Scientifique - LMC, Grenoble, France, supported by French Ministry of Education - Parallel Architectures - responsible - prof. Denis Trystram.
- 1999 - 1 year Post.Doc at Institute National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique,Sophia-Antipolis, France - Automatic Differentiation - responsible - prof. Laurent Hascoet
- 2000 - 2002 - Marie Curie Fellow of EC at IRIDIA Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium - Combinatorial Optimization Problems - responsible - prof. Marco Dorigo
- 2003 - 2005 - Assistant Professor, Central Laboratory for Paralel Processing, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
- 2005 - present - Associate Professor Institute of Parallel Processing, Bulgarian Academy of Science, Sofia, Bulgaria.
- 2007 - 3 months invited professor University of Malaga, Spain - Metaheuristics for optimization problems.
Fields of research
- High-Speed Computing and Parallel Algorithms.
- VLSI systems and algorithms.
- Parallel structures (Systolic Arrays, de Bruijn, Grid).
- Optimization problems, dynamic programming, metaheuristics, ants algorithms, tabu search, simulated annealing, genetic algorithm.
- Automatic differentiation.