Local operators over generalized nets transform single components of some of the transitions of a given generalized net. There are three types of local operators:
- temporal operators that change temporal components of a given transition,
- matrix operators that change some ofthe index matrices of a given transition,
- alters the transition's type,
- alters the capacity of some of the places in the net,
- alters the characteristic function of an output place,
- alters the evaluation function associated with the transition condition predicates of the given transition.