Ifigenia is a MediaWiki-empowered website aimed at providing a flexible and user-friendly environment for online collaboration among researchers in intuitionistic fuzzy sets (IFS) and generalized nets (GN). These two concepts gave the name Ifigenia.
Aims of Ifigenia
Project Ifigenia has several major goals:
- providing information in encyclopedic manner
- online distribution of published materials and preprints
- fostering the collaborative research and paper writing
- partners networking and communication
Ifigenia will provide structured encyclopedic information about generalized nets and intuitionistic fuzzy sets - articles with definitions of terms and related concepts, overview and history of the areas, articles about journals and books within the scope of the project, as well as biographies of the researchers in these fields. The encyclopedic articles are placed on publicly accessible and editable pages from the main namespace.
Apart of the encyclopedic content, Ifigenia will also provide an online database of relevant publications for reading and download: journal papers, conference communications, book chapters, etc. These publications are placed on publicly accessible non-editable pages, protected against further changes with all their rights reserved on the behalf of the authors and publishers.
Researchers and users of Ifigenia are given the wiki-platform to foster their communication and cooperation, to exchange ideas for present and future research in IFS and GN, and involve in public online collaborative writing of scientific and educational content (textbooks, exercises, manuals). The project talk pages are also a friendly place to discuss the software implementation of generalized nets.
Namespace Ifigenia: also welcomes various announcements for forthcoming calls for conference papers or calls for project proposals within the scope of the project.
To complete its aims in a viable way, Ifigenia consists of a public and private part.
- The public part is readable and editable by all users, both registered and anonymous. Uploads are available to registered users only.
- The development of joint scientific articles and project proposals can be done either publicly in the Ifigenia: namespace, or privately in the special Draft: namespace of the wiki, visible to all registered members of the wiki, but only to them. The private content is not cached in search engines.
- Registration of user accounts is only available to the website administrator upon receiving an email with information about the real personal name of the applicant and his/her affiliation to a research institution. Registration requests may be denied or postponed, if considered inappropriate or spam. User accounts are created under the real personal names of applicants. Temporary passwords are sent to them, which can be changed after login.
- Registered users are expected to follow a code of conduct and respect the others' copyrights.
- The public editable content of Ifigenia is licensed under the free GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL), version 1.2. Contributors and users are asked to consult the text of the license agreement and visit the official GFDL website.
- The public non-editable content (copies of published material) is protected by full copyright on the behalf of the respective authors and publishers, unless they explicitly release it under a free license.
- The private content (drafts of research articles, project proposals, etc pages from Private: namespace) is protected by full copyright on the behalf of the respective contributors, unless they explicitly release it under a free license.